1. My sister-in-law, Jennifer, quite possibly runs the most organized, cleanest house I have ever seen. This past weekend, I asked her to give me some advice on how to better organize my house in a way that I could actually keep it that way. She told me her motto is “everything has a place and every place has a purpose.” She also told me that I needed to try to create more space with storage containers, shelves and baskets. So, all week long, that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. It’s been nicknamed “Project Organization” around our home. So far, I’ve organized my office, our kitchen, my pantry, our laundry room, our closet, our bedroom, and our bathroom. Still to go- the kids rooms and our garage. Here are a few pictures I snapped with my iphone along the way.
2. Zach has a busy weekend. Tonight, he is surprising one of the boys he tutors by taking him to a Grizzlies game, where he actually gets to meet the players. I can’t wait to hear about Quinton’s reaction. I’m hoping Zach is going to get it on video. Tomorrow at 5:00 a.m, he leaves to go see Syd in Missouri. She has a soccer game AND basketball game. Again- I’ve told him to get some good videos.
3. Zachary and I are taking an unplanned trip to Florida next week. My grandmother and her husband have been staying in a condo down there for a month. A couple weeks ago, she talked me into coming down there with Zachary. I’ve been going through beach withdrawals, so I’m really excited about it.
4. Yesterday was my Dad’s birthday. I wish everyone could be blessed enough to have a dad as wonderful, supportive, and sensitive as mine.
5. Today, this girl is celebrating her birthday, as well. She is one of the most giving and selfless people I know, and we are blessed to have her in our lives. I have a feeling this year is going to be one of the best yet for her!