1. Zachary and I are leaving tomorrow morning to pick up Sydney for the weekend, so I won’t have time to do a Five on Friday, so I’m doing a Ten on Thursday because I actually have a LOT going on.
2. We’re doing Christmas with Sydney this weekend, and I couldn’t be more excited! This is probably my most favorite time of the holiday.
3. We went to Missouri last weekend for Syd’s Church Christmas Musical. Here are some of the pictures and the videos we took while up there. The second video is my favorite, because it just shows her complete cuteness. LOVE THAT GIRL.
4. Zachary is sick again this week with another cold. This past month, my poor boy has had two double ear infections, three colds and a stomach bug. It’s possible he’s forgotten what health feels like.
5. I took these pictures of Zachary in the bath tub last week. I posted them on facebook, but never got around to posting them here. I love his crazy hair!
6. Our Church, Living Hope, broke ground at it’s new property this past Sunday. It just so happened that the groundbreaking was on the coldest day of the year, but I was SO impressed with how many people turned out. I love how dedicated all the members at our church are. I’ve been serving on the building team for a couple years now, so this moment was very special to me. I was MORE than honored when they asked me to take some pictures during the ceremony.
7. Last weekend was VERY busy for us. We went to Missouri for Syd’s play Friday night and got back late. Then Zach and I both had to work Saturday morning, so Zachary stayed with his Aunt Jenn that morning. After that, we came home and got showered and dressed. We had two Christmas parties that night– one with Zach’s work, and the other with all our friends in Oakland. Because of that, Zachary spent the night with his Aunt Tori, and Zach and I relaxed and enjoyed some undistracted fun that night. I have a video of Zach singing karaoke, but it’s on his phone, and it may be a while before I can get it, so for now, here are the pictures from the tacky Christmas Party in Oakland. Oh– TOO much fun!
8. Our home visit is this Saturday. Our case worker wants to meet the kids and see our home. They also are checking for things like baby proofing, fire extinguisher and the location of chemicals and cleaning supplies in our home. That being said, I felt the urge to reorganize my cabinets this week. Well, when I did that, I got on a roll and decided to reorganize every cabinet, drawer and closet in our home. It was about an 8 hour project, but well worth it. I also cleaned our my mess of a jewelry box, and created this project out of a pillow case in our closet. I have jewelry that I didn’t even know existed! If I had planned this further in advance, I thought of some really cute ideas involving fabric, ribbon and a hot glue gun.
9. Things we’ve done in the past 4 weeks in order to get our adoption paperwork complete.
*got our cat vaccinated and submitted our vaccine records on each animal
*drove to Jackson to meet with Billy (the awesomest lawyer ever) about our wills
*we’ve both read two required books– which have been completely eye opening
*both had physicals, blood work drawn, and tested for TB and HIV
*ordered marriage certificates and birth announcements. They had to be issued within the past year
*Taken out a new life insurance policy. The nurse came out yesterday to do more bloodwork.
*Drove to Somerville, TN to get our police background checks, but the form wasn’t notarized properly, so Zachary and I will be driving back out today.
*Rounded up all the medical records and birth certificates on each kid.
*We both completed a 12 page autobiography on each of us.
*We’ve had one joint interview and two individual interviews with the agency
*Had to track down an insurance agent through Zach’s work to verify health insurance
*Zach is going to baby proof our house tonight
*We picked up a fire extinguisher, because shamefully we didn’t own one
*Watched several videos, one on talking to your children about sexual predators, and the other was an documentary about an adopted woman meeting her birth family
*That’s not even close to it all, but these are the things that have taken the most time. We also have an online course that we have to complete, but we’re hoping to do it over the holidays. Whew.
10. It’s bunco night tonight, and I’m very excited about it! I need some good girl time!
The first thing I thought when I met K, is that she doesn’t look like she can have a baby any day now. The next thing that I thought is that the two of them are SO cute together. They spent the entire session laughing together and acting silly. I love that.
K, thank you so much for letting me capture this special time in the life of your family.